Pre-planning funeral arrangements may seem like an uncomfortable subject. No one likes to think about death, let alone their own passing away. The reality of pre-planning, however, is that it can actually provide a sense of comfort…for yourself and for your family.
If you actually stop to think about it, pre-planning for your final disposition makes a lot of sense. Listed below are a number of good reasons that you should consider:
- Takes the burden off of your family. There is no question that your loved ones will be emotionally distraught when your time comes. Their main focus will be on you rather than having to make decisions when they may not be in the right frame of mind to do so.
- Celebrates your life according to your wishes. Many of us have thought about how we want to be remembered. As such, we live our lives in a certain way that establishes our legacy. By designing your own arrangements, you can be certain that your time on earth will be honored accordingly.
- Eliminates guesswork for your survivors. Because there are so many options for funeral arrangements, it is often difficult for family members to know what to do. Pre-planning can take any confusion out of the equation for them.
- Minimizes disputes among family members regarding your wishes. Unfortunately, the passing of a loved one can sometimes lead to disagreements and arguments among family members. If you have already done your own pre-planning, there will be no question about what you have decided for your own funeral.
- Provides financial security. By pre-planning and pre-paying, you can lock in today’s prices and save some money later on.
- Avoids emotional overspending. When families are grieving, they may not be practical in their choices because they will obviously be thinking that nothing is too good for you. But, this emotional overspending could lead to making some unnecessary choices.
- Allows opportunities to shop around. There are many options for funeral homes. Planning in advance gives you the chance to find the funeral home that best meets your needs.
- Eases the transition for your family. Losing a loved one is never easy. Having to think about how to honor you may be too much for your family members to handle.
- Provides peace of mind. Pre-planning can be very comforting, especially later in life when you may not be able to effectively prepare for your final disposition.
- Offers a final gift from you to your loved ones. Although they will clearly be mourning your loss, you can imagine how your family and friends will feel knowing that the celebration of your life was designed by you, just the way you wanted it to be. The special touches that you include, such as a favorite hymn or your favorite flowers, will remind them of all of the things that they will always cherish about you.
We invite you to consider Mountain View Funeral Home when pre-planning for your final resting place. We believe that it is our privilege to serve you and your family by offering quality products and services at affordable prices.