In your search for a Mesa cemetery, you wonder if having a graveside funeral is a good idea in the heat. Aside from praying for cooler weather, here are some practical solutions that may make your decision-making process easier:
- Consider a sunrise, or sunset burial at our Mesa cemetery when the temperatures are cooler. Arizona sunsets are a beautiful, natural backdrop for this occasion.
- If the above mentioned times not suit your family’s schedules, you can put up a tent to block the sun for a mid-morning, mid-day, or afternoon ceremony at our Mesa cemetery.
- Add standalone fans. Warm moving air is better than no moving air!
- Another cooling alternative is battery-operated hand-held fans. Some models come with a mister, too. Or, you can provide paper fans to those attending the funeral.
- Have bottled water on hand to keep attendees hydrated. No need to have anyone pass out during what is an already emotional experience for those present.
- Have chilled towels at a cooling station with the water bottles.
- Remind out-of-town guests that appearing without jacket or tie is acceptable for this outdoor funeral. Their well-being and presence are more important to you than appearances.
Also, sunscreen may not be top-of-mind among your out-of-state guests who aren’t adapted to the blazing sun here. They may appreciate travel-size options offered at a cooling station.
Mountain View Funeral Home hopes these tips help you during this stressful time. Our goal is to be there for you and help you with every detail so you do not have to worry about anything. Our Mesa cemetery is professionally cared for and maintained and can accommodate your special requests for funeral arrangements. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our caring and compassionate staff is ready to assist you.