MVFH (Mountain View Funeral Home) realizes that you want a service that is memorable and represents your loved one’s life in a special way. You might think that a personalized service is costly. It doesn’t need to be. MVFH offers the following budget-friendly ideas:
- Play music during the wake that features their favorite songs.
- If your loved one was a literature enthusiast, reading an excerpt from a favorite book, or a poem by their favorite poet is suitable.
- Have their best friend or close family member share their fondest memories with attendees via a special reading.
- Bury unique personal items such as: a photo of a loved one, favorite beverage, piece of clothing, or even a lucky rabbit’s foot.
- Adorn a sports fan’s casket with sports paraphernalia, streamers and flowers in their favorite team’s colors.
- MVFH suggests displaying collectibles that your loved one had affection for. These may include action figures, comic books, or model trains, for example. It is a lighthearted way to share their personality.
- Donations to the deceased’s favorite charity in lieu of flowers have gained popularity over the years.
- A balloon release allows participants to partake in the act of “letting go.” Each balloon could have a small note card tied to it with the mourner’s memory or sentiment written on it. You can also have a similar effect with a dove release.
- Cremations are generally less expensive than burials. Invite friends and family to the ashes release if it is at a local favorite spot of the deceased.
Our staff at MVFH understands that losing a loved one be an emotional and overwhelming time. We also know that you may have need extra help when grieving and planning a funeral at the same time. We hope that these suggestions make things just a little bit easier. However you choose to pay homage to your loved one, MVFH will ensure that their ceremony honors them in a beautiful and dignified way. Please contact us with any questions you have at 480-832-2850.